this is made to you especially 🙂 another silly things of mine that is just too good to be missed 😛 as you know that i’ve lookin for another part time since like forever (6 months ago perhaps, being rejected many times here and there) though the one i have right now is already “hardcore” enough (as you might say).
so it was my first day in that bread slash cake shop. it’s an extraordinary shop for an ordinary me 😛 woke up at 2 (am dear, and yes, i did that supermarket thing too the night before) start panicking and nervous, and scared of my first day there. gotta be ready for the “gig” at 4 (am). a friend texted me:
“take it easy on your first day, remember, panic is like a rockin chair, it won’t take you anywhere”
felt better . . . much better 🙂 so, after a lil pray and a lot of chocolate, ride my kumbi (the one and only loyal beloved blue bicycle) at around 3:40. it was freezin cold yet a bright stary sky on the way there. arrived safe and sound, got change, and transformed into a silly kinda chef in uniform 😛 entering the kitchen, and thank God it was warm inside. there were like aorund 15 people there already. the smell of flour (does flour actually smells?), eggs, butter, baked bread. what’s not to love?
well, these are not to love:
– my butt slightly bumps a pile of huge yellow plastix boxes, makin’ unpleasent noise, and mess in the kitchen. great start!
– i was like the slowest learner newbie there
– got a “sweet” warning from supervisor coz i forgot to take off my tiny lil almost unseen ear pierce
– gotta memorize 3 unreadable freakin’ long sentences of so called “management philosophy aka ideology”
– on saturday and sunday it would be bloody busy. like almost crying, nose bleeding, and begging to quit kinda busy they said. perfect way of dyin’!
– waking up at 3 in the very early morning (or is it a very late night still?) is hell struggle from now on. oh yeah, i stupidly consciously choose that path (think i need to drink more perhaps :P)
but the good things are not less too:
– a bread shop with izakaya atmosphere (live and loud)
– the store manager is oh so yess. well, how should i describe . . . tanned skined but not that tall, strict (and i’m sure straight) but warm hearted, young but so wise, yin and yang combination in one package
– my direct senior – a pretty (even in mask) girl, so good in makin’ bread thingy, younger than me, and very patient (as only very few people who can handle me). hashimoto san! will remember the things she teached and how to write her kanji name 😛
– team mates are mostly on their 20ies (young, loud, energetic, yet not that wild)
– during break you can eat certain breads available as much as your heart and stomach desire
– got a discount when buyin’ bread there
– making bread! how cool is that?! well, for me . . . it is cool 😛
– they trust me to be part of their team (an honor)
i know it’s goin’ to be really really tough. but i’ll give myself a try for a couple of moment 🙂 don’t give a damn if i get fired (for being too slow) nor couldn’t be a bread pro or whatever you call it, but i do hope i make a lot of friends there 🙂 real friends i hope more.
oh, forgot to tell you the name of the shop. it’s the hand made bakery PEATERPAN (yes, with that spelling! and pronounce as pee-taa-pun ). see for yourself 🙂
come on sunday! it’s the grand opening. you might get some freebies there and get the rare chance to see me makin’ mess and doin’ silly things there ^^v